Monday, May 16, 2016

Another week bites the dust

This week has been one of the most memorable weeks of my mission. To start, our investigator Anja who just walked into church my first Sunday in Lokeren has been progressing so much. We were able to teach her again this week and even set her up for baptism in 2 weeks, my last Sunday here. I have never met someone so prepared for the gospel. It was such a sweet experience, the night we came. We taught her the plan of salvation which alone is amazing and spiritual, and we were like...we don't want to like push you or anything or stress you out, but we really see you are so ready and if you feel ready enough, we can set up a date for you to become baptized and she was like...yes yes yes!!! So she pulls out her agenda and is like "ok, I know you have more things to teach me, why don't we figure out right now all the times we can meet and how many more lessons do I need to learn before I can do this and what is everything I need to do?" And as we were trying to hold back our tears and jump up and down we were able to keep ourselves chill and plan out each appointment and then she made us dinner and drove us home and it was awesome. The elders had an investigator get baptized this weekend and Anja came to it, but before that she picked us up from the station in Lokeren and we went with her to a family's home in our ward to eat dinner with them then headed over to the baptism. It was such a good day. And to top it off we were able to play soccer that morning with the ward which was amazing haha it felt so good to kick a soccer ball and have an intense game of soccer :) and to make the week even better we were able to travel up to Dordrecht yesterday after church in our ward to attend Daan's baptism, an investigator of mine that I was privileged to teach in Dordrecht. It was so cool to see him take that step of baptism and make that promise with God, when before he was atheist. It was a privilege to teach him. These people are all just so prepared, and I am grateful for their influence in my lives. I am excited when he will get to receive the other half, the gift of the Holy Ghost. Missionary work is so rewarding and I can't wait to have these experiences for the rest of my life. I love the Lord and I love this work. I love you all and again, I can't wait to see your cute faces in a few short weeks when I will squeeze the air out of you, so be prepared.

Love you all and remember John 20:29 :)

Have a lovely week!

Zuster Harris :)
 























 

No comments:

Post a Comment