Monday, January 18, 2016

"If you don't like where you are, move. You're not a tree" - Sister Romig

ALOHA!

Another week quickly slipped through my fingers. Seriously, time is too fast! This week was another great one. We celebrated Sister Stewart-Chester's birthday, met with Piet, our investigator who is slowly but surely progressing towards baptism, FINALLY met with Nasu and things are good with her..., had zone training, had a week of snow and ice, had a BOMB lesson with this lady we met while biking (tell you in a sec), chopped some trees and stacked some wood for service for the de Jonge's, went to a FROZEN birthday party at the Richardsons for Siyanna's 5th birthday, taught the first lesson to an akward Korean man, and this week we laughed a lot. But what else is new? :)

So on Monday evening last week we got taken out to ea by the de Jonges for Sister SC's birthday to an all you can eat sushi and chinese place...can you say spoiled?!? I seriously love the de Jonge's. Every. Single. One. The de Jonges is a family consisting of 9 children that are spread all around the Netherlands and are a MAJOR asset to each ward/branch they serve in, and I have met 7 of them plus the blessed parents, who let the missionaries in as they knocked on their door one day, 45 years ago. Such a cool story! They are so great. anyways. sushi is always great. we also almost got attacked by geese in our backyard that day so that was awesome.

 On Tuesday we met with Piet, and taught him the importance of scripture reading, praying and church attendance. He was keen on the first two, but not so much on church attendance (even though he had come to church 2 days previous to this appointment). oh piet. well we testified of the promised blessing that come from living this commandment. We will see how it turns out. Then we finally saw Nasu after not being able to meet with her for over a month due to health and legality issues. She had an important meeting last Friday to see if she can stay in the country or go back to Africa. She finds out today, so we will call her and see what's up. She is still wanting to be baptized, but wanted to focus on this first. Whatever happens, I know the ability to be baptized will be accessible wherever she goes. I know God has a plan for her!

Wednesday we had zone training, that was good. We did a roleplay on speed dating. Lol not what you are thinking ;) we did "speed dating" in the sense of getting investigators on baptismal date and how it's not as hard as we think. 

Thursday we met with Jaineline, a lady we met op straat one evening biking home (i think i mentioned her in my last email?) and taught her the first lesson and she accepted the baptismal invitation and was excited to read the Book of Mormon and wanted us to come back 2 DAYS LATER. FYI that doesn't happen with dutch people. she isn't dutch, however. she is from Curacao. She is the sweetest! we were looking forward to that appointment with her 2 days after but she got sick so we will meet with her this week. We love Jaineline <3

So we went to this Frozen birthday party for Siyanna...en het was HELEMAAL GEK!!!!!!!!! hahahaha it was so cool though. Leticia and her family went totally all out with this party. I will send pictures. She even hired an Anna, Elsa and Olaf to come. Super cool! It was however really funny when a little boy yelled out "Olaf is NEP!!!!" (Olaf is fake) hahahaha.

well that's about our week. I love the city I am in. Er gaat toch niets Boven Groningen!!!!!!!! something cool that i heard in sacrament yesterday in a brother's talk was this: "Wij hebben handen om te geven en harten om te VERgeven."  (we have have hands hands to give and harts to FORgive.) I know that through the Savior's loving sacrifice we can me made whole. I know we can always begin again each and every new day. It IS possible to change. I know it, I have been changed and I have witnessed others being changed. It is possible, dankzij Christus. I love this Gospel. I love my Savior. I love my Father in Heaven. I love THE NETHERLANDS and the Dutch people and the people I meet her from all around the world. I love this work. and I love you guys!!!!!!! Have a great week and see the miracles in the small things :)

Veel liefs,

Zuster Harris :)














No comments:

Post a Comment