Monday, November 16, 2015

Nicks boven GRONINGEN

"27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.
28 And now behold, we have come, and been forth amongst them; and we have been patient in our sufferings, and we have suffered every privation; yea, we have traveled from house to house, relying upon the mercies of the world--not upon the mercies of the world alone but upon the mercies of God.
29 And we have entered into their houses and taught them, and we have taught them in their streets; yea, and we have taught them upon their hills; and we have also entered into their temples and their synagogues and taught them; and we have been cast out, and mocked, and spit upon, and smote upon our cheeks; and we have been stoned, and taken and bound with strong cords, and cast into prison; and through the power and wisdom of God we have been delivered again.
30 And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some." Alma 26: 27-39

Guess what

That's the life of a missionary and I LOVE IT.

This past week in Groningen has been amazing. It has been exhausting (we bike OVERAL and contact everyone on the way and we have to bike fast to get on the other side of the city on time for our next appointment but it's so great.) This past week we got our investigator Nasu on baptismal date for December 19. She is awesome. Lately every time I have gotten someone on baptismal date I GET TRANSFERED SO ha, luckily we got her on date at the beginning of the transfer so I won't be leaving for a while at least. She is so solid. She is afraid of water but after testifying of the happiness and the blessings it will bring by making that promise with Heavenly Father she was set on getting baptized.

This past week we've also been able to teach 2 people on the street the first lesson with the baptismal invitation, and both were super positive. We are also teaching a man named Jonathan who is Scottish, hilarious, and 32. The senior couple here in Groningen know him because he lives in their same apartment complex and he wanted to learn more about what we believe so we get to teach him! And it's been so great to have the senior couple at the lessons too, they really bring a special spirit to the lessons. He has been coming to institute and FHE and tonight we have FHE game night so hopefully he'll be coming.

It's been raining cats and dogs here but honestly what else is new. My umbrella got eaten alive last night by the crazy rain/wind storm. It's so great. I love being on my bike with my dorky helmet with the wind blowing at me 30 miles an hour while singing "moedig doen wij mee totdat voorbij is de strijd, 'tis onze vreugd! 'tis onze vreugd!" (We are all enlisted till the conflict is over, happy are we! Happy are we!) because what greater cause do we honestly have than spreading the gospel to people who have NO IDEA the kind of happiness it brings?! I absolutely love this work. There are people WAITING. If you have not yet tasted of the sweetness the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings, I invite you to. Listen to the missionaries; they are called to your area literally FOR YOU. you have nothing to lose by just listening. But you have everything to gain by listening. I know with every fiber of my body's that this is the church of Jesus Christ; He stands at the head of it and His apostles and prophets are at the watch towers, watching for things to warn us about and to guide us to the path that brings us the most happiness, and that comes by living the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

I can't believe I come home in 6.5 months. I want to stay here forever haha but I know all good things come to an end and luckily when I take my name badge off for the last time when I am home, that doesn't mean I can't still do missionary work for the rest of my life. I will not stop pleading the cause of Jesus Christ. I will never stop defending my faith. I will never stop testifying of Jesus Christ as our Savior, Redeemer, Brother, and Best Friend. This is my life. He is always there. And luckily I still have a while:)

We had other cool lessons this week. Being in my fifth city is kinda crazy, sometimes I feel like that's the amount of boyfriends I've had and they all ended the relationship hahaha because in every city I've served in, I've never wanted to leave but I get transfered sooner than I thought I would (I hope you understand that analogy, not sure that I myself completely understand it lol. Luckily I haven't actually been through 5 boyfriends) anyways, I have already fallen in love with Groningen so don't worry guys, I move on quickly ;) πŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡±πŸ‡Ί I love it here. Ik hou van mijn zending. Ik hou van de Heer. Ik hou van dit werk. Ik ben erg blij mee dat ik mag dit doen!!!!!!!! Hurrah for Israel!!!!!!!!

Ik hou van jullie,

Veel liefs,

Zuster Harris :)
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment