Wednesday, December 17, 2014

FIRST WEEEEEEEEEK

Hallo mijn familie!!!!! I love and miss you all!

oh my goodness, so much to type, so little time. so. 

first day: the first thing we did was go to our class and have our Nederlands (dutch) teacher spit all these words at us that we had no idea what she was saying hahahaha it was terrifying and awesome at the same time (there should be a word for terrifying & awesome???) anyways, yada yada yada, did all the first day missionary stuff, tours, rules, blah blah blah. 

second day: more language class and getting adjusted, and planned for our FIRST ONDERSOEKER (investigator) appointment for the next day!!! also quite terrifying and awesome. I love being a missionary. 

umm also there are these sisters in our zone who are going to sweden who are like SO FREAKING ENTHUSIASTIC ALL THE TIME so hahaha every time we see them they are all like "DUTCHIES!!!!!!! OH my gosh. how are you doing?? how is the language??? oh my gosh. you sisters are so awesome. i love you!!! you girls are my favorite. who are my favorite girls???? YOU GUYS ARE!!!!!!" so yeah it is rather draining hahahaha me and sis romney seriously don't know how they are always like that. like no joke, every time we see them they act like they havent seen us in YEARS!!!!! hahahah it's so great. we laugh our heads off every time

speaking of laughing, yesterday we got to experience "magic tuesday" heheh....so bear with me while i tell you this short lil story. well since we are going to Belgium, we had to do some fun things for our visas. basically belgium doesn't want parasites into the country so....they have to check everyone who is coming into the country. so our whole district got to have the lovely experience of...pooping in a cup. lol. awkward talk for missionaries for some reason...hahah

anyways.....our district is so great. it's me and Sis Romney, and two other companionships of elders. they're all super cool and psyched about being on a mission.

but anyways. being at the mtc is great because you seriously feel the spirit 24/7. I have never had that before. sure girls camp and youth conference were kinda like that, but being in a place full of MISSIONARIES OF THE LORD is pretty dang awesome. No experience will ever be like this except like the celestial kingdom. haha.

umm today we are teaching Beja for the 4th time. Beja is from the Netherlands and has an idea of God, but wants to know if he is really there and what His plan is for her. Oh my goodness she has so many questions all the time hahaha it's so great because it challenges us. oh by the way our whole lesson has to be in dutch. beja no sprekken de english. so. what we do it prepare the entire lesson first in english then we translate it over to dutch using our super smart minds. Jk. the mtc provides its resources. it's great. so today we are going to try to commit her to baptism. we taught the first and second lesson (restoration and plan of salvation) but she still has questions she needs answered so today our lesson is on all her questions which conveniently all tie together. 

We know how to pray and bear our testimonies in dutch! we got those down on like...friday or saturday. GUYS: THE GIFT OF TONGUES IS A REAL THING

anyways. today we get to go to the temple with our zone. super stoked about that. On sunday we walked up and around the temple and took pics. 

guys, I really am doing great here at the empty sea (mtc). I haven't actually felt an ounce of homesickness. I'm too busy!!!!!!!! sorry not sorry heheh. no but I do mis syou guys but I wouldn't trade this experience for the world. I love my companion (sis Romney, we actually knew eachother before the mission) I love my district, our zone is ALWAYS FREAKING HAPPY, and being a misisonary is thee best. 

love you all. 

tot ziens, zuster harris

No comments:

Post a Comment