Monday, April 6, 2015

GENERAL CONFERENCCCCEEEE

GOEDE DAG ALLEMAAL

ok first off. this week was. absolutely. nuts.

hahah.

So my amazing companion/trainer is sister training leader in our zone (Rotterdam zone) so we go on exchanges A LOT so last week on Tuesday morning after district meeting in Gouda I went to Dordrecht again, I had to double pack because the next morning I went to gouda to see my companion for about 5 minutes then I went straight to UTRECHT hahaha and we didn't go home the whole day so I was hauling my backpack full of stuff from the day before and for that day...my back was almost out the next day. hahah usually you try to go with as little as possible when knocking doors or contacting..you carry a Book of Mormon, pamplets, cards, and that's about it...well I had all I needed for the past 24 hours on my back hah I was living the life of a gypsy. super leuk...

well the next day I was able to work in gouda for about 12 hours with zr. fred but then the next day she had a meeting for all the leaders in leiden so....I went to apeldoorn to actually work with her last greenie...well if you look at a map of the netherlands I pretty much covered the whole west side of it hahah good thing it's not a big country...ANYWAYS this friday I am actually going go belgium...I thought it was last friday but I went to apeldoorn instead :)

Ok I'm kinda sad because general conference came and left so quickly......IT WAS SO GOOD hahha but really funny that a lot of the talks were on marriage...what was up with that? I thought it was cool though. But let's just say that a lot of the missionaries who are goin home in the next few transfers were pretty marriage trunky...hahaha. well I really loved a lot of the talks. Wilford W. Anderson's was probably the most beautiful talk I've ever heard....he related the spirit to hearing the music and it was just really super cool...if you haven't already heard it, go listen to it online or read it :) also I loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk as well, all about grace. after all we can do, no matter how hard we try, we are saved by God's grace and it's beautiful. I love also how a lot of the talks were about the Atonement. as a missionary, we are constantly teaching about the atonement. we talk about it in basically every lesson. and every time i gain a stronger testimony of it. I know Heavenly Father's plan for us is the plan of Happiness and the Atonement is the center of that plan. I love being a missionary. Also, we got new cards to handout that have the hashtag "#omdathijleeft"on them which is "Because He Lives" in english...well it's a new video the church produced for easter and it's really so beautiful...it's a lot like "because of him" but almost better?? look it up. share it on facebook. tell your friends. tell your family. tell the world......He is Risen! and because He is risen, we will all be risen after death. The Death hath no sting....and the grave no victory; Because He Lives. I know He lives and we can all live again after this life and this life is to prepare us meet God. 

Well, our investigators are doing great. One of our investigators, Xander, who is kind of an "eternal investigator" came to watch a session with us (we watched conference in the Rotterdam church) so that was sweet. we have been having lessons with him and he is still wanting a testimony of the Book of Mormon. but he will get there. He's gonna be dooped (baptized...) but our investigator, Aurora, is doing great. she is reading in the book of mormon and last week she said she would definitely be baptized when she came to know the gospel was true. so we're super stoked about her. but the bummer is that transfer calls are next week...and either me or sister fred. will be leaving Gouda (they don't like to leave the trainers with the greenies for too long...) so that's sad. transfers are bittersweet...change is good, but also hard. but you learn to love it!!!  I am excited for what will happen. well today we are just chillin in gouda....gonna watch some of the sessions we missed because of the time difference, go grocery shopping, sleep...., so yeah. Oh! tomorrow we get to go to the temple in Zoetermeer!!!! I am so excited...I really miss going to the temple whenever I want...hahah I was spoiled and took it for granted! But super stoked about that...then not this wednesday but the next will be transfer day..so I may or may not be staying. but yeah we find out next sunday...so I will let y'all know next monday if I am staying or not :) 

OK love you all and here are some pics

tot volgende week!

liefs, 

Zuster Harris :)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment