Sunday, April 12, 2015

Change is a good thing right?

Well to start with this letter, I want to write a few cools things about Gouda, where I've been serving for the past 3 months...the place where I started my mission, and the place that has won my heart....

1. Gouda has BEAUTIFUL little canals everywhere 
2. the cute, unevened houses are my favorite(with people inside who just slam their doors in your faces hahaha)
3. the centrum is so lovely with the bells that are chiming all the time and birds just flying everywhere
4. the people in our ward are some of the greatest people I've ever met 
5. the sweetest, kindest investigators live here...and you grow so close to them that you don't ever want anything bad to happen to them or their family (dishonor on you, dishonor on your family!! sorry for those of you who have never seen Mulan before hahaah) 

anyways, we got the call last night that I will be transfered up to a place called Assen (pronounced "aww-sen') but it's in the north and supposedly there are fields everywhere and old people haha. so I will maybe have tons of mission omas and opas :)

well hey, I am sad to be leaving Gouda...but excited for this new adventure. Missions are basically just non-stop adventures. Leaving Gouda will be hard because me and sister fredrickson white washed this area (we both came in brand new to this area...) so we have been able to see the fruits of our own labors...we committed one of our investigators, Xander, to baptism on May 2nd. So hopefully I'll be able to come down for that...he's such a cool guy. Teaching him has been so great...We've seen him change so much. 

We had a great week last week!!! we went to the temple, then to Keukenhof (where I basically just took a bunch of close ups of flowers, so sorry about that hahaha.) and I saw Sister Romney and Elder Wootan! it was a party. well I hope you all have a great week!!! I invite you guys to find a talk from this past week's general conference and read it...it was a great conference. 

ik hou van julie!!!!!

liefs, Zuster Harris
 
 
 the picture of me and the guy in the light blue shirt is Xander, our investigator who we just committed to baptism! also these are just some pics of ward member who I love so so so much.






No comments:

Post a Comment