AHHHH. OH my goodness. So much to type. so LITTLE time. Guys. ahh. crazy.
ok. so imma just kinda go in order of all the important/funny/weird things that happened this past week....
1. Plane ride. the plane ride was really not bad at all. It was about 2.5 hrs to Detroit and then 7 hrs to the NDLS. maar...on the first plane ride to Detroit, me and Zr. R sat next to this guys named Ric Gumm. He is from California. around 60, married, no kids, 2 dogs (that he loved talking about) anyways, we talked to him and found out he was flying to detroit for his father's funeral....found out he didn't have much of a good relationship with his father, and whatnot. so. I'm a missonary. so after some small talk, he found out what misionaries do, that we are going to Belgie and the Nederlands for 1.5 years, can't talk to family, the works. and that we are volunteers and don't get paid and spread the gospel. anyways, naturally, I led back into the convo. over his dad...asked him what he though about life after death....he said he hoped there was one, and believed in spirits, then basically we talked about the plan of Salvation. which was cool. anyways, super cool guy, super good conversation. He said he didn't think it was a coincidence that he met us. liked our point of view, thought we were very good people and learned more about mormons...basically had no idea about them. so that was sweet. I am glad we made a good impressoin on him. anyways...moving on.
2. Our first day in Ndls we got picked up from the airport with President and Sister Robinson, rode our first train ride to the mission office (Super cool, and super quiet) got to the mission office where all of our luggage already was...did some paper work, interviews with the pres and his wife, then we did street contacting I believe...that whole day was a blur so bear with me....anyways....FIRST TIME STREET CONTACTING!!! I went with zr. Romney and elder Yokom who works at the mission office....it was scary but I had to just not think about the fact that I can't speak dutch and roll with it. so we did that, handed people cards and stuff. then we went and ate at a delicious Panekooken restraunt, then slept that night at the mission home. so cool.
3. MEETING MY TRAINER so I have to say I have the cutest, nicest trainer EVER!!!! Her name is Zuster Fredrickson and she is from Kayesville Utah. So cute. We have fun. so we had to lug all of our luggage (my 3 bags + her 3 bags + her bike lol) onto like 5 different trains, I swear. lol I almost caused an accident walking across a cross walk with my luggage....while the other 3 missionaries were just watching me suffer...lol go me
4. our apartment is G-TO THE -HETTO (ghetto, lol) there are mice (haven't seen any yet) but it really is ok. I like it. I will send some pics of it.
5. THE HOORNWEG FAMILIE ohh man Zr. Hoornweg was a life saver on Wednesday. she picked us up from the train station with all our luggage, took us to her home, where we had our first dinner appointment (needless to say at most dinner appointments I have no idea what's going on lol) then she took us to our apartment with all our luggage!!! her husband is the ward mission leader so he's been helpful so far. he just got that calling like last week. so we will be working over there a lot. so far they have had us over for dinner twice
6. the elders in our ward who we go to a lot of dinner appointments with are Elder Clement and Elder Byers. I don't have much time to type about them but just know they are funny and elder byers is "such an expert" at everything and he's only been out here like....5 more weeks than me. lol
7. our day in Capelle. We went here to meet an investigator named Lidwina, but on our way there this lady named Meryka came over and asked us if we needed help because we looked lost....we told her we were looking for Norma street and for a lady named Lidwina....well Meryka knew just where she lived so she went over with us. lol Meryka is from Surunam (spelling...?) and so is lidwina so they spoke like surunam dutch to eachother...or so zr. F says...haha I can't understand anyone anyways!!! PEOPLE SPEAK SO FAST HERE IT'S INSANE AHHAAHHAH anyways...Lidwina didn't want to have anything to do with us so Meryka (who's actaully not all with it...) toko us to her appartment to get warm hahaha she insisted on it...and we ended up teaching her a lesson, just over het Boek van Mormon....and prayer....she was distracted tho. anyways. that was weird. but cool
8. akeel. there is this Arabic guy who we went and saw the same day in Capelle who said right at the beginning that he mostly just wanted to practice his dutch with us... (lol..yea right. I don't speak it....and Zuster F. has only been out like...6 mos. but her dutch is pretty good tho) so that lesson was weird....the whole time he just wanted proof about how we know the church is true.....we tried...we bore our testimonies, and he just kept arguing. so needless to say, we won't be going back. What is faith when you want proof???
9. after akeel we left and the whole time I had to pee ahhahaha but I wanted to get out of there...the spirit wasn't there and yeah no thanks. so we walked around, trying to find a potty (there are no public ones in Europe FYI)hahah so I ended up holding it until we met the elders and went to have dinner at the Hoornwegs...that was only like 1.5 hours but it felt like an eternity hahahhh
10. The De Jonge Familie!!! zr. DJ is from America, served a mission in this mission like 15 years ago and cam back after her misison to live here and met her husband here. all her kids who are old enough know both dutch and english....so that's super cool. she has 6 kids and is pregnant. we ate and talked in ENGLISH oh the blessed. hahahaha it was a nice break to be able to UNDERSTAND what is going on!!!!! ahhhhhhhh
11. Today is p day and I still need to find a bike and this guy in our ward rang our doorbell and said he knew of a place where they sell bikes in gouda...and he had his bike, and we had zr. F's bike, and I had no bike obvs....so it was my first time achter oping!!!! it's where you sit on the back of the bike .....and ride. haha. it was fun.