Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Lord Lives, and This is His Gospel!

Hey y'all
so this last week at the mtc is going by ever so quickly. we only have 5 more days left, and 4 more classes. we are wrapping up our last few lessons with our investigators. We committed Andy to baptism which was a cool experience. So we have just been teaching him the commandments so he's clear on those. We are done teaching Judith. We got a new investigator, Maria. Yesterday we taught 3 investigatore which is a lot to teach in a day haha but all three lessons were great because the spirit was so strong. Man oh man I'm excited to teach real investigators! 5 more days people! 
My mtc experience has actually flown by. but at the same time I feel like I was born here. the outside world doesn't seem real. so I'm excited, nonetheless. We got our flight plans a few days ago which made me super excited and happy! They got our visas except two of the elders in our district....so they might be going to the Utica New York mission. well one of them for sure is but one will find out if his visa is there on friday. so the spirits are a little low in our district. it might end up only being me, sister Romney, and Elder Wootan flying out to Amsterdam on Monday. I am the travel leader...whatever that means. haha. but I am really excited. 
umm let's see.....oh Elder Russell M. Nelson came and spoke again last night (he came and spoke on Christmas)!!!! it was such a great talk about investigators and conversion....honestly I don't remember exactly what he said haha I wrote it down but I don't have my notes with me but all I know is I felt the spirit so strongly. It is such a great experience every time we have devotionals (every tues. and sun.) because it's a room full of missionaries of the Lord, all there to serve the Lord. Me and Zr. Romney finally sang in the choir for the devotional....and I am glad we did because we sang a beautiful arrangement of "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" it was so good. there was an acapella part when we are singing about when Joseph saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ....I want you to know that I know with every fiber of my soul that the Lord lives and this is His gospel. We are here for a purpose. We are here not only to get a body, not only to learn and to grow, but to help bring others unto Christ. Why are we here if not to help others? Where is the reward in only serving ourselves? I know God lives and is the Father of us all. We ARE His children. We chose Heavenly Father's plan to come to Earth to live and to grow and we promised Him we would make it back to Him. He loves us so much. He sent His Son to earth to die for our sins. There is no other way we could make it back to him. Guys, it just makes sense. we are here to prepare for eternity. I know this is the true gospel. I know we are Christ's brothers and sisters. I know He is always in our midst. I know the Holy Ghost to be the third member of the Godhead. How cool is that? When we are baptized and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, we have the CONSTANT COMPANIONSHIP of a GOD in our minds and hearts?!??! I know the Spirit guides and directs us. He guides and directs us in our thoughts, as well as our emotions. Listen to those thoughts in your mind and ACT on them because chances are it's a prompting. and don't be afraid to write those promptings down. the Lord will give us more promptings through the spirit if we write them down because He see's that we care enough so we will remember them and not forget them. Anyways. that is my testimony. Hard times will come and they will go...and then they will come again and go...and it's basically a never ending cycle. but so is Christ. There is no beginning and no end. Al Fox said "Hard times will consistently be there, but so will Christ". Remember that as you go about your days and hard times. I love you all. I cannot wait to be in the mission. It is the Lord's mission and I am merely an instrument in His hands but I am so excited to be doing that; to be serving His children. 
I will send some pics. It's annoying because I can only send 2 pics for each email.....so I'm sorry for all the emails. Jen, how's my blog coming?
Dag, doei, Tot zeins!
oh Gretta, this is for you --
ik weet dat het evangelie waar is. ik weet dat Jezus Christus onze verlosser is. Ik weet dat God onze Hemelse Vader is en wij zijn zijn kinderen. Ik weet dat Joseph Smith het evangelie hersteld. ik ben heel enthousiast voor mijn zending in het Nederland. Ik houd van de mensen in het Nederland en Ik houd van God en Jezus Christus. Ik houd van jullie. Ik ben zo dankbaar om een zendeling te zijn. ik ben zo dankbaar voor Jezus Christus en zijn verzoening for ons. ik weet dat door de verzoening kunnen wij ons bekeren en terugkeren naar God en leven met Hem and Jezus en onze families. 
That is my testimony in het nederlands (dutch) if ya didn't know...no google translate used haha
Ik houd van jullie!!!
HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!!!!
alle mijn liefde,
Zuster Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment