Monday, June 15, 2015

fixing bikes, zone training, and exchanges with my mom

Goede morgen, middag, avond, of wat dan ook...ik hou van jullie heel veel.

The work goes on. The Lord's hand is in everything. Trials bring forth blessings, if we endure them well. And I know if we just keep trying...just keep going, whether or not it is hard, out of your comfort zone, the same thing over and over again, with no results, eventually the Lord will bless you. I know that to be true.

This transfer has been one weird/ blessed one. But nonetheless, the work goes on. Zuster Jo's bike tire last week was shredded and completely flat one evening....so the next day, luckily our district leaders were coming to work with us and they were abe to fix it. Yay! also like almost every one of our appointments fell through this week... which is really quite frustrating...but the work goes on. then we heard someone tell us they are a victim of a crime and we had to call the cops to report it...it was a messy situation that missionaries should never have to deal with, but alas, crap happens. but hopefully the rest of this transfer will go smoothly...

I went on exchanges last week with my mom (my trainer, Zr. Fredrickson) and it was a BLAST!!!!!! I love that woman. We taught our investigator, Dewi the plan of Salvation. But before that, when we were following up with her book of mormon reading, she told us that she had a super cool, spiritual experience with the book of mormon...I felt pretty Lucky to hear about it. She is a super cool person...and I love being a missionary.

Last monday for p-day we went to a concentration camp called westerbork. it was sweet. then today we went and saw these huge boulders that are graves from like 12,000 years ago...super cool haha #rocks

Well, last week at zone training was the last time I would see our mission president and his wife before they are released...we get our new president in a few weeks. It was bitter sweet....change is good, but they are amazing at what they do. But I know the new president and his wife will do great! I love you guys and remember that sometimes the Lord has you swim through deep waters for a while before He will pull you out...He does this because He trusts us and He has a plan for you and hard times are for our benefit. 

D&C 127: 2 "And as for the perils‍ which I am called to pass through, they seem but a small thing to me, as the envy‍ and wrath of man have been my common lot all the days of my life; and for what cause it seems mysterious, unless I was ordained‍ from before the foundation of the world for some good end, or bad, as you may choose to call it. Judge ye for yourselves. God knoweth‍ all these things, whether it be good or bad. But nevertheless, deep water is what I am wont to swim in. It all has become a second nature to me; and I feel, like Paul, to glory in tribulation; for to this day has the God of my fathers delivered me out of them all, and will deliver me from henceforth; for behold, and lo, I shall triumph over all my enemies, for the Lord God hath spoken it."

love you guys.
 
This was at the concentration camp. Each stick represents one person who was at the camp.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment